As for me and my house

"Choose for yourselves today whom you will serve... as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord." Joshua 24:15

Name:
Location: Small Town, TX, United States

Hey! This blog is all about us and what God is doing in our lives!

Sunday, May 12, 2013

May 12, 2013

I am planning on posting the amazing birth story of Gage.
I am planning on posting pictures and stats of our newest little miracle.
But....I don't have an hour (or more) to upload the pictures, edit, then post what I want in order to "do them justice" and I don't have the time right now to post the amazing birth story of Gage and "do it justice" so here are some random things I don't want to forget that I can put down quickly.....

Coming home from Fredericksburg was great but not at all easy.  Ryan decided to come down with the "gunk" we have all had (sore throat, cough, fever, etc.) the day we came home.  Poor guy has been trying to help me out and I've been trying to help him out and we are both exhausted, sore, & irritable.  (By the way, we have had this "gunk" since April 2 when Ben first got sick.  I still have a sore throat and ear-ache, goop in my eyes every morning, etc.  Everyone has had a case of it.  Ryan's turn I guess??)  The children have been amazing to help out.  The girls have gone the extra mile in caring for their baby sister & helping out in the kitchen.  Benjamin has picked up the slack in other ways, Boden has been exceptionally happy to play with Natalie & to help out where he can.  They are all joyful most of the time and do what we ask without complaining.  They are also great at helping each other and finding things to do to keep themselves and their "Littles" occupied quietly.  Thankfully the weather has co-operated and they have also been able to be outside a lot!  The people from our church have been great to serve us also.  They have brought several meals and one lady even went to the grocery store for us!  Just my little list of things I am thankful for!

Anyway, continuing on....when we got home the kids were THRILLED to find their gardens thriving!  Sarah's dill is ready to pick, Maya is about to get a yellow squash, and Benjamin found quite a treasure in his!  He came in yesterday yelling, "I got dinner!"  Ryan and I both thought, "Oh no, what has he killed now?"  But it was just a GIANT zucchini he picked out of his garden!  He ate that (along with the rabbit legs he had killed and skinned the day before) for dinner.  I don't think he was impressed with the rabbit-- that's one way to get a kid to eat his veggies!

Boden's comments when two different friends commented on how pretty his new brother is:
"You sure have a pretty new brother."
"He's NOT pretty.  Boys are handsome."
"Oh you are right.  Boys ARE handsome."
"But Na-Na (Natalie) IS pretty."

And......
"You sure have a pretty new brother."
"But sometimes he scrunches up his eyes like this..." (Bo procedes to make a really scary face, scrunching up his eyebrows).
"Oh!  What do you think he is thinking when he does that?"
"Well Mama says (uh oh, what DOES Mama say??)  he's probaly thinking, 'what's all these hands on my head?' "
(laughter, sigh of relief from "Mama"  :) )

Sometimes hard times truly are the sweetest.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home