As for me and my house

"Choose for yourselves today whom you will serve... as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord." Joshua 24:15

Name:
Location: Small Town, TX, United States

Hey! This blog is all about us and what God is doing in our lives!

Friday, January 4, 2013

Back to the Basics

A few things I have loved today...

1.  Walking into the living room and seeing all five of my children sitting in front of the fireplace reading the new books we just picked out from the library.  Their ages?  12, 10, 9, 3, and 1!  So cute!

2.   Watching Maya play "babies" with Boden and Natalie for several hours this morning.  She even made them slings to carry their babies in!  And you should have tasted the goodies they baked in the Little Tykes kitchen!

3.  Hearing Ryan laugh at Boden when Boden made his funny faces around an orange peel at lunch.

4.  Big fluffy dog lying on my feet to warm them!

5.  Finishing a read-aloud book we have been working on for six weeks

6.  Apple crisp

7.  Coffee with homemade whipped cream

8.  An unexpected call from a thoughtful, faithful, loving friend and mentor whom I know is praying continually for our family

9.  Warm water whenever I want it straight from the tap

10.  Natalie, 15 months, folding her hands and bowing her head to pray before eating-- she was eating a snack alone and this was TOTALLY of her own initiative.  Sweet isn't the word for it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home