As for me and my house

"Choose for yourselves today whom you will serve... as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord." Joshua 24:15

Name:
Location: Small Town, TX, United States

Hey! This blog is all about us and what God is doing in our lives!

Saturday, January 12, 2013

A Big Question

  Am I anxious about the things only God can accomplish and apathetic toward the things He means for me to tend to?

From Oswald Chambers "My Utmost for His Highest":

"We must never allow anything to injure our relationship with God; if it does get injured we must take the time and get it put right.  The main thing about Christianity is not the work we do, but the relationship we maintain and the atmosphere produced by that relationship.  That is all God asks us to look after, and it is the one thing that is being continually assailed."

God does not mean for me to worry or wonder or waste any time at all thinking of if or how I am being effective for Him.  We have no concept of what God is doing in, through, or with our lives if the truth be known!  We simply cannot know what God is aiming at!  What He does mean for me to pursue, and to pursue diligently, is Him.  It is the one thing I am responsible for and will be accountable for.  The results of that relationship are up to Him completely. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home