As for me and my house

"Choose for yourselves today whom you will serve... as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord." Joshua 24:15

Name:
Location: Small Town, TX, United States

Hey! This blog is all about us and what God is doing in our lives!

Saturday, January 5, 2013

January 5, 2013

1.  Dancing with a cuddly Natalie after her nap

2.  Peach muffins for snack

3.  Cuddling in the rocker under a blanket with two babies for book time

4.  Hearing Boden hum to himself after he has been put in his bed at night

5.  A hot shower

The battle for my mind's space is constant.  How many times a day do I find myself dwelling on the negative-- negative thoughts, a negative reaction, a sigh that escapes which is evidence of the attitude of my heart.  Why does it take so much concentrated effort to be thankful and enjoy this great life God has blessed me with?  I live like a queen!  I have a beautiful home and five healthy children and a husband who comes home every night because he chooses to be with us.  Not to mention all the other blessing of full bellies and comforts that so many others don't enjoy. 

Lord, help me to guard my heart and mind for YOU!  Teach me to take those thoughts captive that dishonor YOU and replace them with thanksgiving!  Little by little Lord, little by little.  Amen

1 Comments:

Blogger Michelle said...

Your constant fight to be more like Jesus and please him is both delightful to Him and humbling to those around you. I am so thankful to learn from you friend.

April 29, 2013 at 10:44 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home