As for me and my house

"Choose for yourselves today whom you will serve... as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord." Joshua 24:15

Name:
Location: Small Town, TX, United States

Hey! This blog is all about us and what God is doing in our lives!

Thursday, January 3, 2013

January 3rd, 2013

As I'm sitting here by the fire, watching the flames burn down, I realize it has been a year since I blogged!  A year!  I could say, "where has the time gone?"  but that is too cliche.  As I look back, I regret that I don't seem to have been the reflective, thankful, "slow down and enjoy the precious small things" kind of mom this year.  I seem to have been more of the harried and worried and always tired mom who finds herself enduring rather than enjoying her family and home.  

So many precious moments.  So many precious days.  And I can't remember enough of any of them.  I can only recall the things I didn't get done, the days I felt frantic that I wasn't getting enough done.  WHAT is it that makes the desire to accomplish override the desire to BE?

to BE in the moment, embracing the gift of now.
to BE in relationship with the treasures of husband and children God has lovingly given.
to BE still and know God.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home