As for me and my house

"Choose for yourselves today whom you will serve... as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord." Joshua 24:15

Name:
Location: Small Town, TX, United States

Hey! This blog is all about us and what God is doing in our lives!

Monday, January 7, 2013

Encouragement

Something Michelle said to me this morning:

"God has given you the wisdom to be thankful so that you can enjoy intimacy with Him which is the only place to be fulfilled.  He will honor your praise whether it is from the overflow of joy you experience or an act of the will.  Your obedience and close relationship with Him show in your honesty with your own shortcomings and humble attitude." 

Psalm 146:2  "I will praise the Lord while I live; I will sing praises to my God while I have my being."
Psalm 147:3  "He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds."
Psalm 147:7  "Sing to the Lord with thanksgiving; sing praises to our God!"

My verse this morning was Romans 5:3-5.  Hope and love-- two things God knows I am in great need of! 
"  We also exult in our tribulations, knowing that tribulation brings about perseverance; and perseverance, proven character; and proven character, hope; and hope does not disappoint, because the love of God has been poured out within our hearts through the Holy Spirit who was given to us."

1.  I am so thankful today to have a friend who is praying for me!

2.  Sweet prayers of my children...something Sarah said really hit home for me....she was thanking God that He gives us tries and tries and more tries to walk with Him.  AMEN!  He is ever faithful!

3.  Natalie has been such a joy!  Smiles and hugs and sounds that are beginning to be words.  She and Ryan played and read books today!  Praise God for their growing relationship!

4.  That Benjamin wants to cuddle up in my lap every night during prayers.  Reminds me that my time as his Mommy is so short and I need to treasure each moment.

5.  Seeing Natalie lie down in the bathtub on her tummy and kick her legs.  Such fun splashing in the water!  Reminds me to enjoy life.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home