As for me and my house

"Choose for yourselves today whom you will serve... as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord." Joshua 24:15

Name:
Location: Small Town, TX, United States

Hey! This blog is all about us and what God is doing in our lives!

Friday, March 19, 2010

The Starting Point

Thought I'd try my hand at a little poetry:

It's Seven A.M., after a night of rest
I've got a sleeping baby on my chest
I hear the kids moving round downstairs
Before I move a muscle, I better say my prayers:

"Lord," I begin, "I'm about to start another day
I need your help in a real bad way.
There's laundry to do and floors to be swept,
There's meals to prepare and appointments to be kept,
There's dishes, and mopping, and dusting to do
But more than all that there's the children I'm training for YOU.

"Lord, help me to show them in a very real way
The love YOU show me every day.
My heart's desire is for them to know
You are the reason I love them so.

You have so much to teach us about so many things
Give us hearts of wisdom and voices to sing
Your praises as we go through our day
And seek to glorify YOU all along the way.
Teach us to serve and to share and obey
And Lord teach us to trust YOU completely today."

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Royce Ann said...

BEAUTIFUL!!

April 1, 2010 at 12:59 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home