As for me and my house

"Choose for yourselves today whom you will serve... as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord." Joshua 24:15

Name:
Location: Small Town, TX, United States

Hey! This blog is all about us and what God is doing in our lives!

Saturday, March 13, 2010

I could just cry...

Ryan has been working so hard on his new tool shed...well originally it was going to be the chicken house but it was more like a chicken PALACE and I convinced him the chickens could just house themselves in the old shed with a few remodifications and he should use the new chicken house as a badly needed store room for his tools, etc. So, he agreed and the chicken house became the work shop/tool shed/whatever you want to call it...and it was really cool because it has this inventive feature where the part that was originally gonna be the nesting boxes got turned into this cool place to store more tools...kinda like nail bins in the old lumber yard...oh maybe no one has ever been into an old lumber yard...my dad is a contractor so if you know what I mean great, if not...imagine...so anyway, he has these cool bins for tools and we chose the right place to set it up and leveled the floor and spent a weekend cutting the boards to fit exactly right because the roof has to slant so that the chickens (now the tools) don't have a chance of getting wet AND THEN...it rained and hailed and blew wind like you wouldn't believe and KNOCKED THE WHOLE THING DOWN (thank goodness there were no chickens or tools in it yet!)
Anyway, I felt so bad for my hard-working hubby who didn't even plan on building himself a tool shed and then got all excited that he was getting one after all and then had to see it laying in pieces this morning and now has to go rip out all the bent over nails and refigure where all the boards go so that the roof slants just right so that the chickens, I mean tools, don't get all wet when it rains...

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Beverly said...

Oh, bummer!! So sorry!

On the plus side, I like your new blog look. :-)

March 14, 2010 at 6:53 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home