As for me and my house

"Choose for yourselves today whom you will serve... as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord." Joshua 24:15

Name:
Location: Small Town, TX, United States

Hey! This blog is all about us and what God is doing in our lives!

Saturday, January 16, 2010

Spiritual journey

I've been thinking about blogging again lately. I love to do it but when I am doing it I get obsessed over it. I LOVE to see my thoughts in print! I guess it is the "writer who was never published" in me coming out and rearing her ugly head! (And yes, I actually have submitted a few things for publication but (thank goodness) have never been published.) So, I am trying to decide....do I want to get back into this or not? But in going back and reading through my old blogs....I see it is just too much fun to go back and read things that were going on a year or two ago. So, I'll try it and if I begin obsessing over it I won't continue...

I've been thinking a lot about raising children, staying at home, being a godly wife...you know...the small things in life! I am so saddened to see how our culture has traded the precious jewels of home-making and child-rearing for faux trinkets that have no value. I have also realized that, I have, to some extent, bought into the same lie. When was the last time I truly laid aside my own self pride and vanity to lift my husband up--even when he didn't "deserve" it? When is the last time I cleaned blood off the bathroom floor, mud off the entry hallway and mustard off the kitchen cabinets with a song of joy in my heart? My children are learning through every sigh, every sarcastic remark, every facial expression and overheard comment I make. Am I showing them through my attitude and actions that serving is a JOY? Am I conveying to them that peace is truly found in putting others before me? Am I really teaching them with my own actions to lay down my own life in order to gain abundant LIFE?

When did I realize that you don't have to be a "nazi feminist" to resemble a feminist more than a God-fearing beautiful woman?

Lord,
Guard my heart. Clean me up, purify me. Help me to be a picture of the beautiful woman scripture speaks of.
Amen

Gotta go...the baby is crying....I WILL REJOICE! Thank you God for the gift of Boden Matthew!

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Beverly said...

I too thank God for your sweet Boden! And I'm thankful to see you up again on your blog! I've missed you AND your words of wisdom. Thank you for sharing what the Lord is teaching you. Isn't it amazing how much we've grown since our newlywed days?! Love you!

January 20, 2010 at 5:48 PM  
Blogger Janet said...

I am soooo excited you are back to blogging. I missed it so much. Reading your posts, seeing your beautiful family, learning from you, and being encouraged by you is so precious! I look forward to reading more!!

January 24, 2010 at 9:52 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home