As for me and my house

"Choose for yourselves today whom you will serve... as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord." Joshua 24:15

Name:
Location: Small Town, TX, United States

Hey! This blog is all about us and what God is doing in our lives!

Sunday, March 7, 2010

Gross!

Now, normally I am not one to get grossed out by much. I can clean up vomit, poopy diapers, blood, spit, watch live births, butcher a deer, etc. But THIS takes the cake for me...

Maya, Benjamin and Boden were in the living room looking at books. Ryan asked me to stop cleaning the diaper I was cleaning out in the toilet and to follow him into the office for a second so he could show me something on the computer (I bet you know where this is going--too bad I didn't!) I was literally gone for less than two minutes. When I went back into the living room to check on the kids they were all three still sitting there in the exact positions I had left them still looking at books. So I went into the bathroom to resume diaper duty. When what to my wondering eyes did appear...a toilet literally PAINTED in poop--smeared across the top, down the side, onto the floor, across the rug...and of course a horrendous smell to go along with it! I could not figure out what had happened! All possible culprits were still sitting nicely where I had left them only minutes earlier! I yelled something like, "OH MY GOSH!" and ran to Boden, sure enough he had poop all over his little hands, his clothes, and across his face. Apparently he had stopped book reading long enough to crawl into the bathroom, have a snack, paint the toilet and resume reading in the amount of time I was preoccupied.

Have you ever been in a situation so disgusting you couldn't figure out where to start. Here's the dialog I had with myself: "OK now Annette. You're the mother here. You are going to have to be the one to clean this up. Yes you." So I wrangled the poopy breath into the bathtub, clothes and all and after assigning Maya to watch him I began the task of unpainting the bathroom. (Ryan did help clean up the spot on the carpet...thanks hon!)

I never can figure out why we mothers love to share stories like this!?!

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Janet said...

Girl, one time Kaden took off his poopy diaper and smeared it all over the floors, walls, furniture, you name it in his room! Not only was the smell terrible, but poop was EVERYWHERE! I know that feeling of having NO IDEA where to start. Do you beat your child (not really of course!), clean them up, clean up the room, etc? How the heck do you get poop all out of carpet. It truly was one of the worst experience ever! Ah, the things mommies get to do! :)

March 8, 2010 at 7:36 AM  
Blogger Beverly said...

Oh, my!! The worst is not knowing how much he ingested!! Yes, we all have our poop stories...

March 8, 2010 at 7:38 AM  
Blogger Cami said...

OH NOOOOOOO!!!!!! I was totally grossing out with you while reading that story!!! YICKKKKK!!! What in the world possesses them to do such things?!

March 8, 2010 at 8:49 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home