As for me and my house

"Choose for yourselves today whom you will serve... as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord." Joshua 24:15

Name:
Location: Small Town, TX, United States

Hey! This blog is all about us and what God is doing in our lives!

Friday, January 22, 2010

Hello Dolly!

OK, maybe I've finally learned THE SECRET...if I want my husband to treat me like his sweetie-pie, one-true-love, I've got to act like it! Who would you look forward to coming home to at the end of the day?

A. some girl he married a decade ago with hair half-in, half-out of a pony-tail; shirt with baby spit and lunch all over it; saggy-baggy jeans; peanut butter breath; cold kitchen, cold house, smell of dirty diapers permeating the air, and fighting children in the background or....

B. hot babe (that's babe not baby) with sweet breath and radiant smile; clean, attractive clothes; brushed hair; dinner in the oven or in the stages of being prepared; content children; soft music playing in the background

It literally takes me about 5 minutes to make the transformation from Super-Mom to Hello Dolly! And the rewards have been much more far-reaching than I could have anticipated. All it takes is a little extra attention to details I know he loves and his homecoming becomes something even HE looks forward to! :)

The girls and I have started playing this game everyday about 30 minutes before we know Dad will be home....it's called, "The King is Coming"!
I run upstairs and freshen up while they begin the dinner preparations (cutting veggies, making salads, etc.) and set the table.
Benjamin is in charge of entertaining the other Prince in the house!
We even put on soft music, light candles, and set the table nicely.

It is so nice to be able to make this transformation from busy, home shool, kid-centered house to "King's Castle". I feel fresh and pretty and "the King" comes in the door in anticipation of what is awaiting him. What a way to teach your daughters to honor and reverence their Father, and their own husband someday!

I know for some of you with very small children this seems like a very far-fetched notion.....for now at least, I encourage you......brush your teeth! :)

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Janet said...

Haha! This made me smile so much. Man, you are such an encouragement to me Annette. Thank you for always being so honest and for sharing your life. I miss you so much! I definitely feel better and know Bryan likes it better when the house is in order and I am ready to receive him home from work! I am making this my challenge this week!

January 24, 2010 at 9:51 PM  
Blogger Beverly said...

Love it!! I started doing this about a year ago after reading a great book by Elizabeth George, I think...a Woman After God's Own Heart, maybe? I'll have to check my shelf. Anyway...I'm ashamed to admit things have fallen by the wayside. I'll have to pick up these little habits again! I love the name you give it, too...

January 25, 2010 at 5:09 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home