As for me and my house

"Choose for yourselves today whom you will serve... as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord." Joshua 24:15

Name:
Location: Small Town, TX, United States

Hey! This blog is all about us and what God is doing in our lives!

Sunday, May 3, 2009

Some good and some bad...

Where to start? I guess I will just dive right in and start at the end.

So sorry I never posted any pictures of the house...all our stuff is packed up now and I haven't gotten any "after" pictures anyway. We are moving on Tuesday and Wednesday and after that I will be off-line for the rest of the summer-- except for the occasional trip to the town library. Due to several unexpected remodeling expenses, we are going to be cutting back on as many "extras" as possible and re-evaluate things in August. This is good in that we are hoping to get the debt we accrued (and didn't intend to have) paid off in three months. This is bad in that YOU-- will not be getting the news of when our Little Will-be is born unless you find out some other way than my blog! Just for the record: he/she is due July 4th and I would appreciate prayers as God brings us to your mind over the next few months.

Something cool that happened this week: a girl from our church called me up and asked if I was planning on using cloth diapers. I told her I would love to but wasn't planning on spending the several hundred dollars it would take to get the initial stuff to start (I cloth-diapered Benjamin with some borrowed diapers and actually ended up loving the process!) She told me someone had just dropped off a whole bag of cloth diapers and I could have them if I wanted them! I was so excited! There are 7 women in our church who are pregnant right now and I know no one else could appreciate this gift as much as I do! When I got the bag there were 40 diapers in there plus some cute velcro covers and even some liners-- probably worth about $250-$300! They look brand new too!
For those of you who do not know-- after we had Benjamin, Ryan and I had decided we were "done." So, I gave ALL our baby stuff away. After God changed our hearts about the size of our family being HIS decision, not ours to make, I just said, "OK, well, if He ever blesses us with more children, He will provide for those children too." I feel like the gift of the diapers was just one more way He is showing me how faithful He is to provide. Anyway, I could never have imagined something like cloth diapers would get me so excited!

So, I guess that's it for awhile. I should be blogging again by the end of August or September. I will miss you!!!

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Janet said...

Aw, that's a bummer! I will miss your stories and pictures, but will still be keeping in contact with you. Love you!!!

May 3, 2009 at 10:57 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home