As for me and my house

"Choose for yourselves today whom you will serve... as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord." Joshua 24:15

Name:
Location: Small Town, TX, United States

Hey! This blog is all about us and what God is doing in our lives!

Friday, March 5, 2010

Five plus Four on Friday

I know some of you have done this before-- clever things like Five on Friday or Six on Saturday or Wordless Wednesday or whatever-- I'm going with my friend Beverly's method of assigning random numbers to random days so here's to Five plus Four on Friday...(I just couldn't help myself! :)

1. What a wake-up call I had the other night! Boden, who was nursing beside me as I lay peacefully sleeping, apparently was having some kind of dream in which he was a dog and I was a bone....or something to that manner...I have been sore for over a week now and literally fight back tears every time he nurses on my right side...owwww!

2. What a precious help my children are to me. I put out the directions for breakfast in the evenings and my Sarah starts breakfast around 7:00 every morning! When I come downstairs, the oatmeal is simmering away or the toast is buttered and bananas cut up or whatever...what a blessing!

3. Benjamin comes up with the funniest things to say...he was explaining to his dad about his robot he wants to build:
"...and Dad, I'm gonna make it 50 leopard power."
"Leopard power? is that like horse power?" asked Ryan.
"Yeah, only lots faster!"

and another one:

Ryan and Benjamin were talking about getting to heaven and seeing God.
"So, Benjamin, what will you say when God asks you WHY he should let you in heaven?"
(after a really long pause)"Do you think He will give us time to think about it?"

4. My Maya is such a precious jewel. She is kind and super funny. She is always doing silly things to keep us laughing. She is also the self-appointed "brother's keeper". "Ben say thank you, Ben pull your pants up, Ben--you're smacking again."
What's so funny is that he never objects...just does whatever his "little mama" tells him to do.

5. We just got our new order of Sonlight so we are about to start another school year (uh...yes I know it's MARCH...but that's one of the perks of homeschooling right?) This is one of the most exciting events of the year for all of us...I can't wait to dig into all those new yummy books!

6. We currently have 21 baby chicks we've taken under our "wings". Did you know you can order them and they will come right to the post office?

7. We also have a crawdad Maya caught and named, "Mr. Shelley". The Mr. is in case he's a boy and the Shelley is in case she's a girl. (Cause Momma can't tell crawdad boys from crawdad girls--crawdads and crawmoms?)

8. We are about to attempt to start our garden. We have all these small plants on our kitchen table that we started from seeds about 3 weeks ago and they are begging for a new home.

9. and last but not least...Ryan gets a three day weekend and we are actually going to stay home and get stuff done around here!!! yay!!!

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Beverly said...

LOL to your kiddos! That Benjamin is one funny dude! And isn't it nice to have our kids be old enough to "be useful," as we like to joke?! What a blessing they are to be sure!

Would love to try raising chickens sometime, but probably not in this rental house in the 'burbs, ha!

Got your note about wanting to chat, and I'd love to! Do you have our current phone number? We can either try to set up a time or else just call when you can and we'll see what happens! :-)

March 8, 2010 at 7:41 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home