As for me and my house

"Choose for yourselves today whom you will serve... as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord." Joshua 24:15

Name:
Location: Small Town, TX, United States

Hey! This blog is all about us and what God is doing in our lives!

Friday, March 26, 2010

Just asking...

Warning!!!
If you are a grandparent of one of my children, you may not want to read this!!!

We were in the kitchen this afternoon making a home-made pizza for lunch. I was telling the children this story of when Ryan and I were newly-weds living in an apartment-- I accidentally flopped a whole pizza upside down on the hot oven and had to cook my pizza at a neighbor's house because all our toppings were burning onto the oven at our apartment.

Benjamin: Were you a Mother then?
Me: Nope, just a Wife.
Benjamin: Were you a virgin?
Me:





No, Ben I wasn't a virgin. You aren't a virgin anymore after you become a wife.

Ben: Was it exciting to not be a virgin anymore?
Me: Yes Ben, it was exciting.
Ben: Like when I got my new pocket knife for my birthday?
Me: Yep, kinda like that.


Now, of course I feel like I have to justify this in some way only....I can't think of HOW he thought to ask a question like that!!! Could it be that we recently read the book of Luke (ok it was Christmas) and that Mary was a virgin... or more recently, read that Rebekah was a virgin when Abraham's servant went to choose her for Isaac? I have NO IDEA where he came up with that one but it makes me think maybe I should start editing our bible reading...only G-rated stuff around my little sponge-boy!

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Beverly said...

TOOOO funny!!! I am laughing out LOUD!!

March 31, 2010 at 1:49 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home