As for me and my house

"Choose for yourselves today whom you will serve... as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord." Joshua 24:15

Name:
Location: Small Town, TX, United States

Hey! This blog is all about us and what God is doing in our lives!

Sunday, October 9, 2016

I Always Thought...

I always thought I would be famous someday.  Famous writer.  Famous Speaker.  Famous Actress.  There are lots of ways to be famous.  I was the kid who always just knew that I had something special that everyone could benefit from so it was my duty to share it.... and become famous for it.  I now realize, I am not going to be famous.  I have nothing special to offer.  I can't influence the world much or change or inspire people to become better than they are.  This is not a regret. 

2 Comments:

Blogger Beverly said...

I know your heart...it's much like mine. If you haven't heard this Andy Stanley quote, print it out and read it often. :-)

"Your contribution to the kingdom of God may not be something you do. It might be someone you raise." --Andy Stanley

October 15, 2016 at 4:20 AM  
Blogger Chameleon571 said...

I always thought I was going to be Indiana Jones. And I pretty much am so..... As far as you having something special to share and becoming famous for, I would say that you are someone special and you have influenced some in the world to be better. I can only speak from personal experience because I know you have effected change in me to become better than I was. I know I am not famous and not what you were hoping for as a child, but don't discount your impact on the world around you.

October 16, 2016 at 4:37 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home