As for me and my house

"Choose for yourselves today whom you will serve... as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord." Joshua 24:15

Name:
Location: Small Town, TX, United States

Hey! This blog is all about us and what God is doing in our lives!

Monday, January 31, 2011

The View From Where I'm Standing II

Today, I have time to write.  Today, I have the desire to write.  Today, I can't think of one thing to write about!  Seriously.  I know, that is kind of like me saying I can't think of anything to SAY which would cause some of you to wonder if Alzheimer's is setting in early.  I could do another, "The view from where I'm standing" post.....hmmmm....okay....here goes......

The View From Where I'm Standing II

The day is beautiful-- 70 something in the sun and 60 something in the shade.  A perfect day really.  I would feel bad for all you "winter" people but then again, I guess we get our own with day after day of 100 plus weather in the summer.   The three "big kids" are set up outside under the one tree in the yard.  It is barren of leaves this time of year but does offer scant amounts of shade here and there.   They have pulled out our old blue-jean camping quilt-- the one Ryan and I received for a wedding gift 13 1/2 years ago with a tag that said, "The next time I see this quilt I want it to be ragged and well-worn!"  There are three pair of boots scattered here and there and three sets of bare feet peek out from under a HUGE umbrella.  Wait, the dolls don't have shoes on either so I guess that makes it five sets of bare feet.  They are talking and playing, something about getting their swim suits on to go to Sea World and Ben defending the tent from the lions lurking about.  Benjamin jumps up and, stick in hand, whacks at the air.   I'm assuming the lion was dutifully destroyed as Ben nonchalantly plunks back down between the girls.   Now they are off, stuffing their feet into their boots and running to the next adventure... some other adventure that is faceless to me but they are clearly facing together.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Beverly said...

Your blog picture is GORGEOUS!!!

April 9, 2011 at 7:25 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home