As for me and my house

"Choose for yourselves today whom you will serve... as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord." Joshua 24:15

Name:
Location: Small Town, TX, United States

Hey! This blog is all about us and what God is doing in our lives!

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Have You Ever Noticed?

Have you ever noticed how the blogs you really want to write you shouldn't?  I mean who wants to hear about how you have a bad attitude or made a wrong decision or had a really lazy day and got nothing done.  Not that any of these things ever describe me personally, I'm just saying, hypothetically speaking....  and maybe there are people out there who WOULD actually like to read about all your shortcomings so that they could feel better about their own but that doesn't exactly offer the correct motivation to have a whine and complaint pity party on yourself now does it?  And then, when you think about all the things you would like to write, but shouldn't, you realize that in retrospect you really don't have all that much to whine or complain about anyway....I mean compared to living in a trash city in India or being separated from your family for months or years while your husband is off fighting in a war.  Or your children going hungry because your husband can't, or won't, work.  Of course the list of ways people TRULY have to suffer goes on and on.  And I guess since God's word is sufficient, He's got my puny list of whines and complaints covered:

"Consider it all joy, my brethren, when you encounter various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces endurance.  And let endurance have it's perfect result so that you may be perfect and complete lacking in nothing."  James 1:2-4

"Rejoice always;  pray without ceasing;  in everything give thanks; for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus."  I Thessalonians 5:16-18

So, I guess I really don't have anything to write about today after all.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Michelle said...

O my...I was just asking myself today why some people seem to suffer so much and others so little. Really, just put it in my journal like 20 min ago! And when you consider that...usually after you have just considered the pity party and then the other's suffering, the guilt kicks in...which leads to more partying...in the pity that is. O for goodness sake, all I really wanted to say is, I am right there with ya, and so honored to call you sister and friend and share this journey with you! Your blunt honesty, however comical, is refreshing and uplifting. Also, if you didn't share these weaknesses of yours (hypothetically speaking, of course) then some people might be tempted to think you are somehow more deserving of God's grace and would not be so encouraged to seek his help for their unworthy selves...just sayin :) BTW..thanks, ILU

January 18, 2011 at 10:20 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home