As for me and my house

"Choose for yourselves today whom you will serve... as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord." Joshua 24:15

Name:
Location: Small Town, TX, United States

Hey! This blog is all about us and what God is doing in our lives!

Sunday, May 11, 2008

Planting Seeds

I hope some of you are still enjoying spring! We took the children to an air show at the Air Force Base in Del Rio yesterday and it was HOT! When we got in the car, our gauge read 108 degrees! That is what I heard on the news that it really was! I guess summer is here to stay! We enjoyed the planes so much and the children got really excited about all the guys who work so hard to protect us. They got to sit inside the cockpit of a helicopter and go inside the cargo hold of a huge cargo plane (sorry I don't know official names). We can talk about our military and pray for them but something like that really gives them a visual as to what it is all about. I was asking Ryan why it is that an airplane flying by while a patriotic song plays evokes such overwhelming feelings (usually resulting in tears for me) inside? I don't know the answer but I am excited to be able have these kinds of opportunities with our children. The seeds of a vision for a country that will turn back to God are being planted even now.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Goodness! How I wish it were hot! The high here tomorrow is 63 degrees!!! I'm having to unpack pants and jackets for the kids to go to Parents' Day Out tomorrow!!! Enjoy the sun!!!

May 14, 2008 at 9:15 PM  
Blogger Rachelle said...

I am so glad you guys got to go to the air show. Michael and I took the boys when it was here, but as you can imagine they didn't get quite the same experience! All Keaton got was "Airpane Mommy!" And I know what you mean about and airplane and a patriot song put togeter! Love you bunches and stay cool....no pun intended!!

May 15, 2008 at 5:19 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home