As for me and my house

"Choose for yourselves today whom you will serve... as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord." Joshua 24:15

Name:
Location: Small Town, TX, United States

Hey! This blog is all about us and what God is doing in our lives!

Saturday, May 3, 2008

Dependent or Independent?

During our bible study this morning we were reading in 2 Peter where Peter exhorts them to remember the things Christ has already done for them in order to be able to live godly and righteous lives. We were having the kids each go around the table and think of an example of something they struggle with regularly that they could ask God help for the next time they struggle-- patience with siblings, kind words instead of harsh, helpful attitudes instead of grumbling, etc. We reminded them that although God has the power to just help us, He loves us to ask Him-- to recognize our need for Him and cry out to Him for help. I was thinking about God's word to us as a whole and how that is His very heart's cry from Genesis to Revelation. He so desires a relationship with us, He allows us to be in need so we will realize our dependency on Him alone. We learned a song this week that has become our "victory march"!

"In the name of Jesus, in the name of Jesus, we have the victory!
In the name of Jesus, in the name of Jesus, Satan will have to flee!
Who knows what my God can do?
Who know of His love for you?
In the name of Jesus, Jesus, we have the victory!"

In my struggle, I can call on the name of Jesus and have victory! This usually means many, many times a day!

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Janet said...

"We reminded them that although God has the power to just help us, He loves us to ask Him-- to recognize our need for Him and cry out to Him for help."

This is somethng I have been thinking about a lot lately. It's so neat how he tells us to ask for the desires of our heart and to cry out to him. To be totally honest with you I have also been thinking about how to cope when he doesn't answer the way we want. Now, I don't think of God as a Santa Claus or anything, but I can sometimes get my feelings hurt when it feels like my desires line up with his will and yet he tells me no. There is so much more to it than that, but I don't want to write a book on your comments. Lol! Love ya and am praying for ya!

May 15, 2008 at 9:44 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home