As for me and my house

"Choose for yourselves today whom you will serve... as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord." Joshua 24:15

Name:
Location: Small Town, TX, United States

Hey! This blog is all about us and what God is doing in our lives!

Thursday, March 19, 2009

Kid Funnies

I walked into the living room the other morning and Benjamin and Maya had pulled the couch out from the wall and were back there with blankets over their heads. I asked them what they were doing. Here is the conversation that followed:

Maya: We're making plans.
Mommy: Plans for what?
Benjamin: We are going to ask PipPop to build us a big boat-- after all he can build houses so surely he can build us a boat, right?
Mommy: What do you need a big boat for?
Benjamin: We are going to go on a 1 1/2 year mission trip all around the world to tell people about Jesus.
Mommy: Oh!
Maya: But we need someone to go with us Ben.
Benjamin: Well, let's ask Daddy--he IS a genius you know. He can ask his boss if he can have 1 1/2 years off work to go with us.
Maya: Ok. But first we are going to sail to Nevada.
Mommy: Nevada?
Maya: Yeah, I'm going to get a wild horse and Benjamin is going to get a rattlesnake to take with us.
Mommy: OK. (thinking to myself-- just what kind of mission trip do these kids have in mind anyway?) You know Nevada is a desert right-- you couldn't sail there.
Maya: Oh, that's ok. We'll just sail to the edge of the desert and then walk from there!

(Maybe we need to work on geography some more?) :)

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Chameleon571 said...

That is hilarious. I hope everything is going well with you move planning. I enjoy reading about your fantastic children. Love ya.

March 19, 2009 at 7:17 PM  
Blogger Beverly said...

Yay! Come visit us while you're in Nevada! ;-)

March 22, 2009 at 1:12 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home