As for me and my house

"Choose for yourselves today whom you will serve... as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord." Joshua 24:15

Name:
Location: Small Town, TX, United States

Hey! This blog is all about us and what God is doing in our lives!

Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Update

Whew! What a couple of weeks this has been! I told you all about Ryan's leg infection. He had to go back into the ER again and he was put on another antibiotic. Then, about four days later, he began breaking out in hives-- an extreme case. When we took him to the Dr. yesterday, he told us it wasn't an allergic reaction to the meds (which is what I had thought) but something entirely different. Of course, he couldn't tell us what the cause was. He gave him another shot and put him on two more meds to fight the allergic reaction. Poor Ryan! I am also making him take "Culterelle" a probiotic. That's a lot of pills! He has had a good attitude through it all. He is not used to being the one who needs taking care of!

The same day I had to take Ryan back into the ER, I got a phone call from my Dad telling me my Grandmother had died. She has been in and out of the hospital for several months but we all thought she was getting better. It was really hard. I kept telling Ryan, "I am not ready to say good-bye." I lived right next door to her most of my childhood and have so many wonderful memories of our time together. She has 18 grandchildren and each one of us will tell you that we think we are her favorite! She had a special way of letting us each know how precious we were to her. She will be greatly missed.

A highlight of all this has been the attitudes of my children. They see death as something that is to be looked forward to! When I told them Grandmother Paula had died, they immediately began thinking about all the things she must be seeing right now; first on their list was Jesus, second was our baby that is in heaven. They were so happy that she was with Jesus; even thanking Him in prayer that, "Grandmother Paula gets to be with You now." Even though I know all this, I think we as adults tend to get caught up in our emotions and forget to celebrate at times like this. Truly, it is a time of celebration! "Believe in Jesus and you will be saved." What a promise to celebrate!

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Jill said...

So sorry to hear that Ryan has had such a hard time getting better...I tried to call you but kept getting busy signals...I'm sure lots of family has been calling. Hope that he is feeling better now. I'll try to call again soon. We miss you.

July 2, 2008 at 7:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So sorry to hear that Ryan's recovery has been such a lengthy process! Hoping he's on his way to restored health!! And so sorry to hear of your grandmother's passing. It's been a busy summer already for y'all! Hang in there!!

July 3, 2008 at 10:17 AM  
Blogger Janet said...

I'm so sorry to hear about all that has been going on with y'all. I really hope that Ryan starts to feel better soon and heals quickly. I'm also sorry for the death of your grandmother. Your description of her was so sweet and I love to hear of the way your children are coping with her loss. HUGS to you and prayers! Love you!

July 3, 2008 at 10:46 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home